Spectrum® Spatial Analyst
Spectrum Spatial Analyst (SSA) is an out-of-the-box (OOTB) business analysis solution that uses powerful webmapping capabilities that enable users to view, share, edit, query, interact, and understand their business and spatial data while using their favorite browser or device. SSA can be installed on physical or virtual (e.g. MicrosoftAzure, Amazon AWS, Google, VMWare, etc.) servers. SSA enables you to publish maps (e.g., from MapInfo Pro) and facilitate spatial analysis internally across the enterprise or externally via a browser-based application.
Features And Functionality
Spectrum Spatial Analyst is an application that is installable on your physical or virtual hardware and is designed to facilitate sharing of spatial and business data with citizens, departments, businesses and wider stakeholders. Its browser based mapping interface provides information about the location of services or assets in any given geography. It can be used internally or externally to publish spatial analyses and empowers user self-service.
Spectrum Spatial Analyst is a mapping portal that can display multiple types of business data online. It is very quick to set up, and is managed through a web based administration console. Maps are created through Map Info Professional; data is published through the Spectrum Spatial Uploader tool, which runs within MapInfo Professional. The Uploader is a new tool that is available with Analyst and will be made available to all Spectrum Spatial users.
Analyst also provides address searching for users to orient themselves; the capability to search that business data, including linking to other web pages or applications for further information; and the ability to spatially search for nearest services. Administrators can add or manage internal users and roles through its user management system.
Spectrum Spatial Analyst continues to evolve, with new features and functionality released during quarterly release schedules.
New Features In V8.0
- Data binding: Analyst admins can join business data with spatial objects displayed within the interface. This provides end users with a wide array of insights by linking relevant business data with its spatial representation.
- Application linking: This enables a bi-directional connection between Spectrum Spatial Analyst and a third-party application, this improves ease of use and worker productivity. Support is also given to third party APIs, such as YouTube and Google Street View.
- Summarizing data: Analyst lets users rapidly summarize data within or across one or more annotations that they have drawn within the application.
- Information from MRR/Grid maps: End users can quickly gain added context from the information contained within our powerful multi-resolution raster (MRR) grid file format.
- Thematic mapping and editing: Secure editing functionality (draw, edit, move and delete points, lines, circles polygons, rectangles and text) and create rich end user thematic maps.