Spectrum® Spatial Analyst
Spectrum Spatial Analyst (SSA) is an out-of-the-box (OOTB) business analysis solution that uses powerful webmapping capabilities that enable users to view, share, edit, query, interact, and understand their business and spatial data while using their favorite browser or device. SSA can be installed on physical or virtual (e.g. MicrosoftAzure, Amazon AWS, Google, VMWare, etc.) servers. SSA enables you to publish maps (e.g., from MapInfo Pro) and facilitate spatial analysis internally across the enterprise or externally via a browser-based application.
Features And Functionality
Spectrum Spatial Analyst is an application that is installable on your physical or virtual hardware and is designed to facilitate sharing of spatial and business data with citizens, departments, businesses and wider stakeholders. Its browser based mapping interface provides information about the location of services or assets in any given geography. It can be used internally or externally to publish spatial analyses and empowers user self-service.
Spectrum Spatial Analyst is a mapping portal that can display multiple types of business data online. It is very quick to set up, and is managed through a web based administration console. Maps are created through Map Info Professional; data is published through the Spectrum Spatial Uploader tool, which runs within MapInfo Professional. The Uploader is a new tool that is available with Analyst and will be made available to all Spectrum Spatial users.
Analyst also provides address searching for users to orient themselves; the capability to search that business data, including linking to other web pages or applications for further information; and the ability to spatially search for nearest services. Administrators can add or manage internal users and roles through its user management system.
Spectrum Spatial Analyst continues to evolve, with new features and functionality released during quarterly release schedules.
- Out-of-the-box web mapping application: End users only need a browser (no plug-ins) to view and interact with maps. No coding or development is needed.
- Feature and attribute data editing: Permissioned end users are able to edit, within the browser, features or attribute data that reside in RDBMS (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, PostGIS, SAP HANA) or in a GeoPackage.
- Map publishing: Administrators and authorized users can publish maps into Spectrum Spatial from within MapInfo Pro using the Spectrum Spatial Map Loader
- End user thematic mapping: End users can dynamically create thematic maps (e.g. Range, Individual Value, and Graduated Symbol) using available data, eliminating the need to ask an Administrator or MapInfo Pro power user to create a thematic map on their behalf.
- Integrated with Spectrum: Administrators can browse maps loaded into Spectrum Spatial and make them available to Analyst users.
- Support for Web Map Service (WMS): Administrators can add maps from third party WMS services and make them available alongside Spectrum’s data.
- Role-based user permissions: Administrators can control which data and product features end users can see through role based user permissions.
- Base mapping: A customer can utilize Bing maps (Roads, Aerial and Hybrid), Google maps (Roads, Hybrid, Satellite and Terrain) and OSM base mapping, etc. within Analyst. At present only Bing maps is licensed and included out of the box. Custom base maps can also be added via the Spectrum Map Tiling Service.
- Address search: International address data search capability is provided out of the box (no need to upload data) or customers can upload custom address data for searching. In addition, Administrators can utilize their Spectrum geocoding (on premise via EGM or through a Precisely service) for address searching.
- Rich capabilities to interact with maps and data: End users can search for addresses, search nearest features from a location, perform spatial and attribute query on tables, measure distances and areas, annotate the map, print to PDF and choose to show or hide any maps and layers made available to them.
New Features In V8.0
- Data binding: Analyst admins can join business data with spatial objects displayed within the interface. This provides end users with a wide array of insights by linking relevant business data with its spatial representation.
- Application linking: This enables a bi-directional connection between Spectrum Spatial Analyst and a third-party application, this improves ease of use and worker productivity. Support is also given to third party APIs, such as YouTube and Google Street View.
- Summarizing data: Analyst lets users rapidly summarize data within or across one or more annotations that they have drawn within the application.
- Information from MRR/Grid maps: End users can quickly gain added context from the information contained within our powerful multi-resolution raster (MRR) grid file format.
- Thematic mapping and editing: Secure editing functionality (draw, edit, move and delete points, lines, circles polygons, rectangles and text) and create rich end user thematic maps.