Thank you for your interest in Schlosser Geographic, Inc!

About SGSI:
We are a consulting firm providing GIS software and services to the telecom industry. We help companies increase their cellular coverage footprint, provide emergency 911 support, manage their brick and mortar stores, compete for auctioned blocks of frequency, and much more. Although we are headquartered in Seattle, our office is virtual, and we have employees across the United States.

We are a small company. We know each other as people, not just coworkers. Overtime is extremely rare, and we encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance. We are committed to fostering and continually improving a diverse and inclusive workplace where employees feel safe and have a voice. We believe that the strongest teams are formed when we honor and respect our differences. We proudly safeguard a community that invites us to show up as we are each day. Valuing our differences in both identity and experience helps us work toward our common goals in ways that demand us to be more mindful and inclusive. We remain committed to being an EEO employer.

About the Job Opening:

We currently have an opening for a Software Engineer coding with C# and/or Javascript with SQL. As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for creating custom web and desktop applications in a collaborative team environment using numerous third-party packages including cartographic tools and relational databases. About 80% of your time will be spent creating features – planning, research, coding, and reviewing. You will also support the Operations team who do acceptance testing, deployment, and technical support. The other 20% of your time will be spent on agile process meetings including daily standups, ad hoc planning meetings, bi-weekly retrospectives, lunch and learn events, and staff meetings.

Skills You Will Use

  • Cooperatively design full stack applications.
  • Invent and model solutions to geometric, cartographic, and statistical problems.
  • Write front-end code that presents an intuitive user interface.
  • Write back-end code that manages data and runs algorithms efficiently.
  • Create complex SQL queries and analyze indexing for performance.
  • Implement unit tests and other automated tests.
  • Solve bugs in code written by yourself or by others.
  • Quickly learn new software and technical skills.
  • Research and troubleshoot technical issues.
  • Follow and understand a complex distributed algorithm


  • Participate in agile planning processes.
  • Collaborate with team members daily.
  • Communicate clearly in speech and writing.
  • Mentor others and seek out help when needed.
  • Prioritize and shift smoothly between tasks.
  • Resolve interpersonal conflicts professionally.
  • Accept and offer constructive feedback.
  • Take ownership of responsibilities and decisions.
  • Commit to creating an inclusive workplace.


  • Comprehensive health insurance plan.
  • Company matching 401K retirement plan.
  • Standard business holidays (including your birthday).
  • Generous sick and safe time.
  • Vacation time starting at 10 days per year and increasing to 17 days per year.
  • A yearly profit-sharing bonus.
  • Optional 40 hours paid volunteer time.
  • Monthly “opposite” days to pursue innovation ideas and present to the team.

To apply for this position, please fill out the Skills Matrix and Questionnaire and return it along with your resume to:

Schlosser Geographic System, Inc.
Attn: Meghan Durovchic
600 University St, Suite 3012
Seattle, WA 98101