We are currently seeking a hands-on Systems Engineer with experience or interest in enterprise software implementation, server administration, system setup, and product deployment. This candidate will be primarily responsible for Linux and Windows servers, including system monitoring, performance tuning, software distribution and deployment, and production support.
Additional responsibilities will be assigned based on the intersection of the successful applicant’s skillset and the company’s needs. We are a small organization, and we value employees who can wear many hats, work independently, identify problems and offer solutions.
- Enterprise software implementation and deployment
- Work internally and with customers to stand up new virtual and physical hardware
- Administer Linux and Windows servers
- Monitor server performance in multiple environments
- Performance analysis and tuning
- Automate deployment and administration processes with scripting
- Install, configure and maintain software including IIS, Apache, Oracle, SQL Server, vSphere and Squid
- Perform load testing with tools such as JMeter or LoadRunner
- Perform network analysis with tools such as Wireshark
- Deploy and monitor enterprise databases including SQL Server, Oracle, PostGres and MySQL
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of Linux servers, including OS and other software deployment, administration, performance monitoring and tuning, scripting, networking and troubleshooting
- Ability to work independently as well as contribute to crossfunctional team activities and tasks
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate technical and nontechnical concepts both verbally and in writing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology
- Knowledge of VMware ESXi Virtual Center and vSphere 4.0 / 5.0
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows servers, including performance monitoring, tuning, networking and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of backup methodologies and backup technologies
- Knowledge of datacenter storage environments including SAN and NAS
Please provide a resume and cover letter detailing your relevant Linux experience and explaining why you would be a great fit for this position. Please include the year of your graduation from university and your GPA. No calls please. Send resume, cover letter, and GPA to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct applicant inquiries only.
No agencies, recruiters, or other third parties.
You must be a U.S. citizen or eligible to work in the United States to apply.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.