Software Tester / Technical Analyst
Join an enthusiastic group of friendly people at an established small company in downtown Seattle. We use open source & proprietary software to solve spatial problems in a wide variety of fields, including telecommunications, retail, finance, marketing, health, forestry, and the environment.
This is a full-time position. Task assignments are varied, and exact responsibilities will depend on your work experience, skills and career plans.
Does this Describe you?
• Positive attitude toward life, work, and co-workers.
• Happily share knowledge and learn from others.
• Enjoy troubleshooting and problem solving technical issues.
• Prefer a mix of tasks: e.g., technical support, system admin, developer support, software testing and documentation.
• Attention to detail and highly organized.
• Able to operate independently and push yourself to take on new tasks to help the team.
• Test software comprehensively
• Document the results of testing and communicate the results to development team, provide specific instructions to replicate issues and relevant screenshots
• Deploy software to customer systems.
• Maintain documentation of deployment status.
• Demonstrate software internally and externally.
• Write documentation for applications
• Participate in application
• Provide user technical support via phone and email.
• Assist with or lead in-person or web-based training sessions.
• Install custom and third-party software in Windows and Linux environments.
• BA/BS degree.
• Outstanding professional and character references.
• Explain problems clearly, succinctly, & pleasantly.
• Well organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
• Ability to recognize what you don’t know and understand the resources available to help you learn.
Helpful qualifications (examples)
• Degree in technical field
• Graduate degree
• Understand basic relational database concepts, spatial databases (in particular).
• GIS, mapping or cartography experience
• Graphic, UI or web design experience
• Understand networking, internet protocols and system administration
• Experience with Linux.
• Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Your response must include the following:
• Year of graduation from university and GPA(s)
• Current residence (city/state)
• An example of a situation where you faced a difficult problem and how you overcame it.
• Direct applicant inquiries only.
• You must be a U.S. citizen or eligible to work in the United States to apply.