Software Engineer

Thank you for your interest in Schlosser Geographic Systems, Inc! We are a GIS software and service provider headquartered in Seattle, and we are currently hiring for a Software Engineer.

As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for creating custom web and desktop applications in a collaborative team environment, writing mostly in C# and Javascript/Typescript and using numerous third-party packages including cartographic and database tools. About 80% of your time will be spent creating features – planning, research, writing code (including unit tests), and reviewing. You will also support the Operations team in their work on acceptance testing, deployment, and technical support. The other 20% of your time will be spent on agile process meetings including daily standups, ad hoc planning meetings, bi-weekly retrospectives, lunch and learn events, and staff meetings.

Due to our company’s COVID-19 policies, this position will be a full-time remote position through the end of 2021. Management has not yet made a final decision about if, when, or how often we will ask employees to return to work in our downtown Seattle office.

Skills You Will Use
TECHNICAL

  • Write front and back-end code with unit tests.
  • Model solutions to geometric, cartographic, and statistical problems.
  • Solve bugs efficiently.
  • Take unfamiliar code and figure out what it is doing.
  • Create complex SQL queries and analyze indexing for performance.
  • Ability to quickly learn new software and technical skills
  • Ability to research and troubleshoot technical issues
  • Ability to follow and understand a complex distributed algorithm

SOCIAL/COOPERATIVE

  • Strong written and oral communication skills
  • Collaborative approach with team members
  • Ability to prioritize and shift smoothly between tasks
  • Resolve interpersonal conflicts professionally
  • Ability to accept and offer constructive feedback
  • Willingness to ask for and offer help as needed
  • Willingness to take ownership of responsibilities and decisions
  • Active engagement with commitment to helping create an inclusive workplace.

Benefits
Full time employee benefits include:

  • a comprehensive health insurance plan
  • company matching 401K retirement plan
  • standard business holidays (including your birthday)
  • sick and safe time exceeding the requirements of Seattle law
  • vacation time starting at 10 days per year and increasing to a maximum of 17 days per year
  • a yearly profit-sharing bonus
  • optional 40 hours paid volunteer time
  • annual COLA salary adjustments
  • Monthly “opposite” days to pursue innovation ideas and present to the team.

To apply for this position, please fill out the Skills Matrix and Questionnaire and return it along with your resume to:

Schlosser Geographic System, Inc.
Attn: Nancy McGinnis
600 University St, Suite 3012
Seattle, WA 98101
206-224-0800
info@sgsi.com