We are currently seeking a permanent, full-time Software Developer who can immediately become a productive member of our development team. Our ideal candidate is not only an experienced programmer, but a problem solver in the largest possible sense, someone who is organized, detail-oriented, independent, quick-learning, and flexible.
- Design and code database-driven desktop and web applications
- Write and edit succinct user requirements, technical designs, database schemas, and test plans
- Maintain and support custom applications; includes contact with end-users. Applications include desktop, client-server, SQL Server, Windows services, and web services implementations
- Occasional maintenance of hardware (physical and virtual), operating systems (Windows and Linux), and backups
- Tracking work
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Number of years of work experience: Two (+) years
- Required skills: Two (+) years of development experience with Object-oriented language or database-driven websites built with web server components
- Development and delivery of web, desktop, and/or mobile applications
- Experience with both web infrastructure and desktop development lifecycle
- Familiarity with algorithms, data structures and complexity analysis
- Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Software engineering best practices: unit testing, code review, design documentation, debugging, and troubleshooting
- Ability to work independently as well as contribute to cross-functional team activities and tasks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience working in an Agile, Lean, or Kanban environment
- Familiarity with OSS libraries
- Experience with open source toolkits such a Dojo, JQuery, and OpenLayers.
- Exposure to GIS or mapping platforms
- US Citizens or permanent US work authorization only
Please provide a resume and cover letter detailing relevant experience and explaining why you’d be a great fit for this position. Please include the year of your graduation from university and your GPA. No calls please. Send resume, cover letter, and GPA to email@example.com.
Direct applicant inquiries only.
No agencies, recruiters, or other third parties.
You must be a U.S. citizen or eligible to work in the United States to apply.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.